Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Penthouse

So much, and yet so little has changed. To the untrained eye, the place looks just like how it did back when I was a kid, back when I came up during the summers to water the plants and to check on how the flowers were doing, back when there was still Arvie to visit.

This place probably has been the only constant throughout my life and it strikes me that the last time I have been up here was so many years ago. Funny how a place can contain so many memories--some even way back from my kindergarten days.

I don't remember much of my childhood--only that I spent most of it in my Ama's, but visiting this place today reminded me of those times I would come up here with my Aunt to enjoy the night breeze and to gaze at the stars--while eating some ube ice cream. Yeah. Seems like ages ago.

I also used to come up to practice Intrams dance routines. I used to come up here to write. I also used to come up here to visit Arvie..to draw..to play with my cousins. It is so much connected to who I am now, and it almost seems as if it is a kaleidescope of all the emotions and thoughts I have felt during the times I were here.

If a single place were to define me, then I guess this would be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment