Sunday, February 16, 2014

14 for 2014: Resolutions

I know I've said that I want to write more often countless times before, and most of the times, somehow before the first quarter of the year is over I end up not writing at all. But I guess, the important thing is that I keep trying? :) 

2013 has been all kinds of wonderful--from the people I've met, to old friends, to new old friends. 


Photos (Clockwise): 1. Coron 2013 (Denise Q.) 2. Coron 2013 (Denise Q.) 3. CGPG Christmas (Rica Y.)

To new places I've had the chance to explore, and to old places I keep coming back to. 
Thailand August 2013 (Rica Y.)


To new things and to new hobbies. 
First photowalk ever (Alex U.)

To renewed passion and faith.

#WOWMNL #TBSPreppyChristmas (Louie Y.)
To family.
Macau December 2013 (Zelle T.)

To everyone and everything who's been a part of my 2013, thank you. 

Hello 2014, I think we're gonna be the best of friends. 

This year, I tried to do things a bit differently. For the first time, I have actually made and written down resolutions.Yay me! So here it is without further ado, my 14 (Resolutions) for 2014!

FAITH: To strengthen and to keep the faith in times of sorrow and despair, and also in times of peace and prosperity. 

  • Spend QT religiously. (Pun intended, HAHA!)
  • Complete a fast. (for the right reasons)
  • Attend Simbang Gabi.
  • Learn to listen and wait. Trust in His plan and be patient. Stop insisting to do things your own way. His way is infinitely better
HAPPINESS: To pursue whatever catches my fancy, whatever makes me happy, to live in each and every moment fully
  • Try as many new things as I can. (It can be something as mundane as trying a new restaurant, or something more adventurous like climbing a mountain.)
  • This year, I will learn how to swim
  • Travel and explore. (Enough said.)
  • Write regularly. Revive the blog and post at least once a month. (With the many trips I'll be taking this year, I don't think I'll run out of things to write about. Oh well, there goes that excuse.)
LIFE: To start living a life I can be proud of, to start taking baby steps to becoming the best person I can be.
  • Be more generous--with time, gifts, words, and gestures, even when there's no reason to be. 
  • "Run in the direction of your fear." Or at least stop and consider before fully saying no and taking off in the opposite direction when confronted with something that scares me
  • To not let work be the end-all and be-all of my life. My work does not define me. Repeat 1000x until internalized.
  • Save money. 
  • Appreciate the small things. Take time to always be grateful for the life I've been given. (Blessed.)
  • Fix the resume. Stop procrastinating
  • BONUS: Get a favorable evaluation and a promotion. 
So there you have it, my first ever resolution list. Here's to friends and family helping me to kill it! 

Till the next adventure, 

H. 

No comments:

Post a Comment