Sunday, June 26, 2016

Project Be a BUM

Okay, okay, so I know I’ve said it so many times before that I will resurrect this old blog and start writing more, but I guess this time I’m a little bit more serious on making good on this promise, since now I have a lot of time on my hands. 

Speaking of time, after resigning from my crazy wonderful job a week ago, I suddenly find myself with more time than what I’m normally used to having and it’s starting to sink in — you know, that feeling of having too much time on your hands that you end up feeling restless because since you have just been free from your corporate slave days AND since you’re still used to the crazy pace of telco, you’ve managed to cross off all the items on your to-do list by midday;  therefore you are left with nothing else to do with the rest of the day. Wow that was one hell of a run-on sentence…let’s hope my high school English teacher never gets to read it. hehe!

Here’s a sample of my to-do list for reference: 
Clean room. Check. 
Clean closet. Check
Clean files. Check
Back up all photos on my HD. Check. 

(Yes, as you can see, I’m a very messy person. BUT HEY there is a method to my madness yo. To each his own!) 

So back to being left with nothing to do. 

What about reading a book? Check. I read Love Letters to the Dead which made me feel really sad and depressed like how Perks of Being a Wallflower made me feel. Maybe I’ll write a review on it (probably when I run out of topics to write about). What about watching movie? Check. Already watched two: The Intern and A Beautiful Mind, which is already way above my monthly average. Hmmm, what about watching some more TV? I groan inwardly as I try to decide on what else I can do. And then it dawned on me. I’m not used to this! I know I should cherish these few days of nothingness because these breaks come few and far in between. Besides, isn’t this what I so wanted before?

So I thought, why not document my struggles and write down my thoughts as I go through my days  being unemployed? Sure, writing takes more effort than snapping a meticulously placed flat-lay. And let’s be real, people aren’t even going to read the whole thing given that we all suffer from ADHD nowadays; heck, I’m surprised you even got this far. But hey, when I look back, I want to remember exactly how it felt.  


See you soon. XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment