Saturday, November 12, 2011

11.11.11

image not mine

The 11.11.11 post came a bit too late. I got caught up in the whirlwind of what happened yesterday!
Thursday night I purposely stayed up late to check out Zestair's 11.11.11 sale because I had to buy a return plane ticket from my summer destination next year. Had I checked online earlier, I would have found out that the travel period would be for Jun-Oct 2012. Damn. So instead of wasting the effort I made to stay up late (yes it is an effort for me being the sleepyhead that I am), I checked out twitter and BOOM Cebu Pacific just announced a seat sale at that instant!

I immediately called my friend J who is in Palawan and we both ended up booking a flight to Hong Kong for less than 2300. Not bad for a round trip. Not bad at all! We also got another friend A to come with us. Crazy I know!

I'm not necessarily a big fan of the whole 11.11.11 thing. Too me, it's just numbers and they don't hold any meaning. But I gotta admit, the fact that it only happens once a century is a pretty cool thing.


Ten, twenty, thirty years from now, I'd be able to look back and say, "Hey I booked a flight to HK that day just because." And just like that I had a sudden realization: every day is an 11.11.11 in the sense that it won't happen again. Every day that has passed is a day that is lost and that which can only be relieved through memories.

Cheesy I know, but I guess it was just one of those things that you always knew but took for granted. Something that you'd need a personal experience to make you realize something more than you've already understood before. Do I make sense? Basta.

Anyway, in that instant, I got inspired to be more spontaneous. To see the world. To taste it. To feel it. To live life on edge. Because life is just too short and because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment