Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Money Mondays

Nov 28 2011

It’s a Monday yet again and with Mondays come the dreariness of another work week. Esp. if you had a not-so-stellar weekend. I actually had a pretty laid-back weekend planned out for myself. A couple of TV shows and a good book to read and maybe a mani-pedi. SOLVED. If you’re wondering why I didn’t’ go out , it’s because 1. I was/am still under house arrest; and 2. I don’t have any more money to spend. (well fine, I still have some but I just didn’t want to spend.)

Anyway, I spent most of my Saturday being a regular Martha Stewart—cooking and doing arts and crafts. Around mid-afternoon, I was about to go out to have a mani-pedi when I checked my wallet/pouch and realized my money was missing. Two frikkin thousand pesos that I set aside to pay for my plane ticket to Bora gone in an instant.

I don’t even know who took it or if someone did take it. Knowing it’s something I worked hard for just made me feel worse. Granted I can always earn it back, but what bothers me is that someone unjustly benefited from something I earned. Come to think of it, this reminds me somewhat of Kant’s ethics. But I’d rather refrain from talking about anything Kant-related, I might say something stupid. HAHA

Anyway back to the missing two grand. As of now, I still have not found it, and honestly, I don’t think I ever will. I’ve written them off as bad debts expense. I’ve asked the house help to turn the whole house upside down just to search for it. It’s amazing how much trouble I would go through for just two simple pieces of paper. Damn.

But hey I still am employed and I’ve got it good so who am I to complain. Besides it’s almost Christmas and Christmas is a time of giving. 

CHOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment